Elastron TPE for Reusable Masks
Elastron is working in close collaboration with our customers to develop thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) solutions for critical healthcare applications such as reusable masks.
- These masks reduce the risk and spread of infections by limiting the transmission of infectious agents. They can be reused many times over simply by changing the filter and cleaning and disinfecting the mask components, providing sustainability and effective cost management.
Parts can be made of TPE
- Mask body, respiratory box, seals, valves
Benefits and properties of TPE
- Soft TPE comfort for skin contact in long term usage
- Washable (depending on the type of mask)
- Easy cleaning
- Easy to colour with masterbatches
- Bondable onto different plastics like PP, PE, EVA
- In compliance with EU 10/2011 and FDA regulations
- Elastron grades are suitable for sterilization
- Pharma grades are in compliance with ISO 10993-5, USP 87 and USP 88 standards and meet the requirements of USP Class VI and EN 71-3
Suitable Elastron Series
Please click to check the press release